Carrot Soup July 26, 2016
A beautiful carrot soup packed with loads of flavor, perfect for those extra cold winter nights. Guaranteed to keep the whole family warm.
B-well canola oil
2 tablespoons butter
Juice from 1 orange or 1/2 a lemon
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 onions, peeled and chopped
6 cups chicken broth
900 grams of carrots, peeled and sliced
3 tablespoons freshly grated fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/2 cup of whipping cream or coconut milk
Salt and white pepper
1. Over medium high heat add a dash if B-well canola oil, add garlic, ginger and onions and cook for about 5 minutes stirring often.
2. Add broth and carrots bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender when pierced about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and transfer to a blender. Pulse the blender to start it and then blend until smooth. Return to the pan and add cream, stir over high heat until hot. Bring soup to a boil stirring often, add butter, salt and pepper, to taste. Adding the butter at the end will give the soup a nice “rich” finish.
If you do not have a blender you could simply grate all the ingredients, it might not be exactly as smooth but it should still come out great.
Authentic Italian Pizza Base July 26, 2016
The secret starts with an authentic pizza base, a great sauce and lastly is using only a few fresh ingredients.
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon fine salt
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon white sugar
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons B-well canola olive oil
1. Stir yeast and sugar into lukewarm water, using a fork. Let it stand for about 10 minutes.
2. Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. Mix the B-well canola olive oil into the flour and stir for 2 minutes. Pour yeast mixture and beaten egg into flour mixture and stir to make a stiff dough.
3. Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and knead until springy and smooth, about 8 minutes. Place dough into a floured bowl and cover with a piece of plastic wrap wiped with a thin film of olive oil.
4. Let dough rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch down and roll out to desired shape and add your favorite pizza, cheese and toppings.
We will do a follow up recipe for a great pizza sauce but first you need to learn how to make an awesome and authentic Italian pizza base.
Blue Cheese Sauce July 20, 2016
Mushroom sauce is great, but this blue cheese sauce is in a league of its own. Best served over a beautiful steak, BBQ chicken wings or even with homemade gnocchi…
1 tablespoon B-well canola oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 large yellow onion, sliced
1 cup heavy cream
4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
3 slices bacon, chopped into small chunks (only optional)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Add your B-well canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and then saute the bacon (optional) for 3 minuets.
2. Next add the butter to the skillet containing the bacon and saute onions until golden brown, 7 to 8 minuets.
3. Pour the cream, a dash of salt and pepper and the Worcestershire sauce. Let it bubble, then add the blue cheese and stir together until the cheese is completed melted.
4. Add more pepper or Worcestershire sauce too taste.
Creamy Mushroom Soup July 01, 2016
This delicious creamy mushroom soup will help keep you warm on those extra-cold winter nights. It’s also quick and easy to make, so you can jump back under your blanket in no-time.
1/4 cup butter
1 cup thinly sliced button or shiitake mushrooms
1 cup thinly sliced portobello mushrooms
2 shallots, chopped
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of cream
1 teaspoon grounded black pepper
1 pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
sprinkle over some Parmesan cheese shavings (optional)
salt too taste
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the shiitake mushrooms, portobello mushrooms and shallots – saute for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
2. Mix in the flour until smooth.
3. Gradually stir in the chicken broth. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes, or until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in the half-and-half, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Heat through, but do not boil. You can also sprinkle over some Parmesan cheese shavings once served.
Cheese Griller Corndog with Mayo Dip June 13, 2016
Beer battered cheese grillers with a dipping sauce made from Bwell canola mayonaise, easy to do snack. You can use any sausages your heart desires but cheese grillers work really well.
1 Onion chopped
B-well canola oil 25 mL
Salt and pepper to taste
Baby potatoes 400 g
Butter 50 g
2 Garlic cloves chopped
2 cups Cake flour
2 tsp Baking powder
1 Beer 1
1 Egg 1
* Smoked cheese sausages
125 mL B-well tangy mayonaise
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp Honey
750 mL B-well canola oil
1. Chop the onion and fry in the oil with salt and pepper, add the sliced
potatoes, sage, butter and garlic.
2. Make the batter by adding the flour, baking powder, egg and beer to a
mixing bowl with some salt.
3. Dunk the sausages in some flour just to coat the and the in the batter.
4. Fry the in Oil until golden and crispy
5. Make the dressing by adding the dijon the the mayo with the honey. Spoon
in a bowl.
6. Serve on baking paper with sprigs of tarragon or fresh herbs
Alfredo Mushroom & Chicken Pasta June 02, 2016
Alfredo Pasta with Bacon and Mushrooms, is hands down one of the most delicious pasta dishes on the planet. The only problem with this dish is that your kids will keep asking for it day after day. It’s definitely a great hearty dish, but you will have to take a rain check on your diet… It is decadent.
Ingredients for Chicken & Mushroom Alfredo Pasta:
5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
8 slices bacon, chopped into chunks or cooked ham slices
600 g linguine, spaghetti or pasta
Alfredo Sauce Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
250 grams of chopped mushrooms
1 1/2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups full-fat milk
1 cup mushroom sauce powder mixed with milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Method for Alfredo Sauce:
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just al dente (don’t overcook pasta) drain but do not rinse. Transfer cooked pasta to large bowl and set aside until later.
2. In a large skillet add a dash of B-well olive and canola oil blend over medium heat; add in the chicken chunks and bacon; cook for about 2-3 minutes, remove chicken and bacon to a large bowl.
3. For the Alfredo sauce, in the same skillet melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat; add in mushroom slices and sauté until browned (about 10-12 minutes).
4. Add fresh garlic, pepper and smoked paprika; stir for 2 minutes.
5. Add in flour and stir for 1 minute, then add milk, mushroom sauce and heavy whipping cream; bring to a simmer over medium heat stirring constantly, until thickened. Remember to mix the mushroom sauce powder with 1 cup of milk before adding it.
6. When the Alfredo sauce is ready, add the chicken and bacon back into the skillet with the Afredo sauce, also add in the cooked pasta along with 2 tablespoons butter and the Parmesan cheese, mix everything together. Turn off the heat and keep mixing everything together until the butter and cheese is melted in properly.
Adding the butter and Parmesan cheese at the last moment, is the secret to an incredible alfredo! You could also sprinkle over some additional Parmesan cheese once plated.
Hamburger Beef Stroganoff June 02, 2016
You can make this delicious Creamy Hamburger Stroganoff in under 10 minutes, this dish works great during a busy work week or when you want to prepare something quick and delicious for the family to enjoy, without having to stand for hours in-front of the stove.
450 grams hamburger patties, store bought or home made.
2 handfuls of mushrooms, roughly chopped
1 onion, diced
1 handful of frozen peas
1 teaspoons smoked paprika or normal paprika
1 garlic clove, minced
1 can cream of mushroom soup or 300 ml
190 ml sour cream
2 teaspoons mustard powder or 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
4 tablespoons milk
100 ml Worcestershire
1 tablespoon B-well Creamy Gourmet Mayo
B-well canola oil
salt &pepper to taste
1. In a large pan on medium-high heat, add a dash of B-well canola oil and brown hamburgers in large skillet with onion, garlic and mushrooms..
2. Drain out fat and add soup, sour cream, mustard, B-well creamy gourmet mayo, Worcestershire sauce, milk, peas and sprinkle over paprika. Break the hamburger patties apart or keep whole, as you prefer. Breaking it apart will insure much more flavor gets absorbed, keeping the patties whole may cause the dish to loose a lot of flavor.
3. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add salt and pepper for taste, and serve with egg noodles or rice.
Autumn Pumpkin Soup March 08, 2016
Today we have a beautiful creamy autumn pumpkin soup to help ease your family into the colder months. The soup is easy to make and gives you that “feel good” feeling after every bite.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Soup:
2 tablespoons B-well canola olive oil
1 onion, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
650g pumpkin, peeled, chopped
1 potato, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 leek (white part only), chopped
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 cups (750ml) Chicken Stock
1/2 cup (125ml) pure (thin) cream
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, toasted
Finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
1. Heat B-well canola olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add garlic, pumpkin and nutmeg. Add stock and 2 cups (500ml) water, then bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 25 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
2. In batches, transfer to a blender and whiz until smooth. Return soup to the saucepan and place over low heat. Stir in cream, then season. To serve, ladle into bowls and top with seeds and parsley, then drizzle with cream.
Fish Burger February 23, 2016
Here is a lovely fish patty recipe which can be used to make some scrumptious fish burgers for the whole family. The fish patty, canola oil and mayonnaise are all very high in Omega 3, helping everyone in the family to get their intake of this essential fatty acid whilst enjoying a delicious fish burger.
Ingredients for Fish Patty
1 Fish fillet hake
1 small potato
1/2 tsp of sliced green chillies
1 tsp of grated ginger
1 cup of diced onion
1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
1/2 tsp of paprika
1/2 tsp of garam masala (optional)
3 tbsp of bread crumbs
2 tbsp of B-well canola oil
Salt to taste
1. Boil a pot of water and let the potato boil water until it is tender. Remove it from the heat and let it cool a little. Peel of the skin and mash it using a fork. Keep it aside.
2. In a sauce pan, add the fish fillet, turmeric powder and salt and 1/2 cup of water. Cook it. Once cooked, drain of the water and mash the fish fillet.
3. In a pan, pour in the B-well canola oil. Once hot, add the sliced green chilies, grated ginger and diced onion. Saute it until the smell disappears.
4. Add the paprika and garam masala (optional) and give it a mix. Add the cooked fish, mashed potato and bread crumbs and give it a thorough mix. Adjust the salt to taste. Let it cook for about 3-4 minutes and remove it from heat, place it in the refrigerator for an hour to cool down before molding the patties.
5. After you have molded the fish patties, heat the skillet and grease it with B-well canola oil. Once hot, turn down the heat to medium high and cook the patty in it. Since the patty mixture is already cooked, we only want to brown both sides of the patty
Our whole grain burger in the image above had a small bed of rocket followed with few thin slices of tomato and then our beautiful fish patty right in the center, ending with a couple of slices of red onion and finished off with a big dollop of B-well creamy gourmet mayonnaise. The B-well creamy gourmet mayonnaise helps bring everything together, perfectly.
Banana Bread by Justin Bonello November 23, 2015
(Recipe) Banana, Coconut and Rum bread
4 ripe bananas
1⁄3 cup (80ml) white rum
1 cup (125ml) castor sugar
1⁄2 cup (125ml) Lemon infused Bwell Canola oil
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups flour
1 tsp (5ml) baking soda
2 tsp (10ml) baking powder
1 tsp (5ml) running salt
1/3 (80ml) coconut milk
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup (80ml) coconut
1 pkt (100g) chopped walnuts cup nuts
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Peel bananas and break into a bowl, add the rum and bash with a potato masher.
3. Lightly whisk sugar and vegetable oil together in a bowl. Break in the eggs and whisk together long with the banana mixture
4. Sift your dry ingredients into the bowl and fold through. Add all the remaining ingredients and using a spatula fold all the ingredients together.
5. Spray your load tin with Bwell cooking spray and pour the batter into the loaf tin.
6. Bake for about an hour or until cooked through. Serve with smeared with butter and a great cup of coffee.