Alfredo Mushroom & Chicken Pasta June 02, 2016
Alfredo Pasta with Bacon and Mushrooms, is hands down one of the most delicious pasta dishes on the planet. The only problem with this dish is that your kids will keep asking for it day after day. It’s definitely a great hearty dish, but you will have to take a rain check on your diet… It is decadent.
Ingredients for Chicken & Mushroom Alfredo Pasta:
5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
8 slices bacon, chopped into chunks or cooked ham slices
600 g linguine, spaghetti or pasta
Alfredo Sauce Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
250 grams of chopped mushrooms
1 1/2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups full-fat milk
1 cup mushroom sauce powder mixed with milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Method for Alfredo Sauce:
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just al dente (don’t overcook pasta) drain but do not rinse. Transfer cooked pasta to large bowl and set aside until later.
2. In a large skillet add a dash of B-well olive and canola oil blend over medium heat; add in the chicken chunks and bacon; cook for about 2-3 minutes, remove chicken and bacon to a large bowl.
3. For the Alfredo sauce, in the same skillet melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat; add in mushroom slices and sauté until browned (about 10-12 minutes).
4. Add fresh garlic, pepper and smoked paprika; stir for 2 minutes.
5. Add in flour and stir for 1 minute, then add milk, mushroom sauce and heavy whipping cream; bring to a simmer over medium heat stirring constantly, until thickened. Remember to mix the mushroom sauce powder with 1 cup of milk before adding it.
6. When the Alfredo sauce is ready, add the chicken and bacon back into the skillet with the Afredo sauce, also add in the cooked pasta along with 2 tablespoons butter and the Parmesan cheese, mix everything together. Turn off the heat and keep mixing everything together until the butter and cheese is melted in properly.
Adding the butter and Parmesan cheese at the last moment, is the secret to an incredible alfredo! You could also sprinkle over some additional Parmesan cheese once plated.