Somethings in life are better remaining the same, others- like a Korma is ever evolving, shifting and changing, what remains is the satisfactory and sensual flavours, brought by the array of spices. Add slow cooked organic beef and some power-packed veg to this spicy mix, and dear ones, you have a foodies dream, a definite favourite!
Grass-fed Beef: Rich in Protein, Iron, Omega-3 fats,
Natural yogurt: Gut-health promoting bacteria, Vit. B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, B12, A and E
Sweet Potato: High in Vit. A and C, B3, B5, B6, potassium, magnesium
⦁ 4 Tbsp B-WELL Cooking Olive Oil
⦁ 2 Tbsp B-WELL Thick & Creamy Mayonnaise
⦁ 1,5 kg grass-fed/organic beef pieces, cut into 3 cm pieces
⦁ 3 Medium Onions – Finely chopped
⦁ 2 cups cooked Sweet Potatoes- Small cubes
⦁ 1 Large Aubergine – Thinly sliced
⦁ 1 punnet Mushrooms – sliced or quartered
⦁ 500g Natural Yoghurt
⦁ ½ cup roasted cashews (optional)
⦁ 4 Garlic Cloves- peeled, ½ finely chopped
⦁ 2 Tbsp Crushed Ginger
⦁ 1 small tin/ ½ big tin Tomato Puree
⦁ ½ tsp Fine Red Chilli powder (or more, as you wish)
⦁ ½ tsp Turmeric powder
⦁ ½ Fine Cumin powder
⦁ 1 tsp dry Coriander powder
⦁ 1 tsp Cardamom powder
⦁ 1 tsp fine Black Pepper
⦁ 1 tsp Kosher Salt
⦁ ¼ cup Fresh Coriander for Garnish
1. On Medium-high heat, heat 1 Tablespoon B-WELL Cooking Olive Oil to a Large Skillet/Sauce Pan. Sear and seal the beef pieces on each side until slightly browned, sprinkling with some salt & pepper. Remove from the Skillet and set to rest.
2. To the skillet, add the rest of the B-WELL Cooking Olive Oil, then add the finely chopped onions and braise until golden and brown.
3. To the onions, add the minced ginger, chopped garlic, red chilli powder, turmeric, cumin, coriander powder and the cardamom powder. Mix well and allow the heat to release all the flavours of the spices for 2-3 mins, then add the tomato puree and stir well.
4. Add 1 cup boiling water and add the browned Beef pieces to the skillet with the salt and pepper, making sure to coat each piece in spiced mix. Allow to come to the boil, then reduce heat to low-medium to simmer. Replace the lid and allow to simmer for 2-3 hours or until beef is super tender.
5. Once beef is tender, add the sliced Aubergine. Mix to marinate the aubergine and mushrooms, add these to the top of your mixture, sprinkling the salt, black pepper and garlic onto the mushrooms. Mix and allow to absorb all the flavours, replace the lid and allow to cook for 5 mins.
6. Add the pre-cooked butternut, yogurt and B-WELL Thick & Creamy Mayonnaise. Replace the lid, turn the stove to low heat and allow the curry to simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Take off the heat, sprinkle the fresh coriander, serve the Tender Beef Korma with some gravy and veg, on a bed of Basmati Rice or your choice of Naan/Bread.