Bread & Butter Pudding June 28, 2016
Old-fashioned bread and butter pudding is not only absolutely delicious, but it’s also quite easy on the wallet. With an extra sprinkle of pecan nuts and topped with some warm brandy sauce this dessert only gets better.
1 cup sugar
2 1⁄2 cups cream
1 cup pecans nuts (optional but recommended)
1 (450 grams) panettone bread or 8 slices white bread, halved
1 teaspoon vanilla
1⁄4 cup butter, melted
75 grams raisins
Brandy Sauce Ingredients:
1 cup brown sugar
1⁄4 cup cream
1⁄3 cup brandy or 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
1⁄2 cup butter
1. Pour melted butter into a medium sized glass or casserole baking tray which are safe to use in the oven.
2. Take Panettone bread or 8 slices white bread which had been cut in half and press into the buttered dish.
3. Mix all other ingredients (except the pecans) in a separate bowl, stirring to combine well, then pour evenly over the bread.
4. Sprinkle pecans and raisins on top and Bake at 180ºC for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
1. Place all brandy sauce ingredients in a sauce pan.
2. Heat gently and stir often. Don’t over cook- only about 5 minutes.
3. Scoop bread pudding into twelve individual serving dishes or coffee/tea cups, drizzle over 2 spoonfuls of warm brandy sauce on top of each serving and dig in.