Nothing screams decadent food like something addictively creamy, yet balanced with the perfect zest to lighten it up. This is that dish, based on a favourite in South Africa, except it has none of the heart-hurting butter, creams and richness, but still all the flavour and aromas we love and crave for.
• 2 Tbsp B-well Pure Canola Oil
• 3 Tbsp B-well Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
• 4 cups dried soy pieces OR 4 chicken breasts, chopped into small cubes
• 2 cups cauliflower, cut into small florets
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp garam masala
• 1 tsp cardamom
• 1 tsp fine red chili
• 2 ½ Tbsp lemon juice
• 1 cup yoghurt
• 1 tsp ginger, minced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ cup fresh coriander, for garnish
• 1 Tbsp lemon juice
• small tin/ ½ big tin tomato puree
• 1 can coconut cream
1. In a large bowl, mix the yoghurt, salt, pepper and lemon juice together and add the tofu/chicken pieces. Mix to cover each piece, set aside.
2. In a large pot, heat the B-well Canola Oil on medium heat and add the onions. Cook until onions brown.
3. Add garam masala, cardamom, red chili, ginger, garlic and cauliflower florets. Stir until vegetables are well coated. Cook until aromatic, for about 2 min.
4. Add the yoghurt and tofu/chicken mix to the spice mix, stir to blend. Cover with lid and bring to a simmer.
5. In a separate sauce pot, add the B-well Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Once heated, add the tomato puree and lemon juice and bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer.
6. Add the cooked tomato sauce to tofu/chicken mixture, stir in the coconut cream. Ensure to pick up the flavourful bits at the bottom of the pan. Reduce heat and cook until it thickens for 10 min.
7. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with rice, roti, your favourite naan or filled in to a pita, with salad. Enjoy!