This take on the traditional Jalfrezi will bring you much delight, besides being packed with Vitamins C from the peppers, tomatoes, the anti-microbial properties from the chilli and spices, it is all brought together with tender bites of chicken to add protein, extra B vitamins and more selenium. Immune boost that tastes like soul food.
Chicken- rich in Protein, selenium, Vit. B3 and B6.
Bell Peppers: rich in Vit. A, C, E, antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory, manganese and potassium.
Spices and Seeds: Rich in iron, zinc, magnesium, selenium.
⦁ 2 tbsp B-WELL Canola Oil
⦁ 2 Tbsp Original Tangy Mayonnaise
⦁ 4 Skinless chicken breasts
⦁ 2 cloves garlic, Peeled
⦁ 2 cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled
⦁ ½ tsp turmeric
⦁ Sea salt
⦁ 2 tbsp tomato puree
⦁ 1 fresh green chilli
⦁ 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
⦁ 1 tsp cumin seeds
⦁ ½ tsp mustard seeds
⦁ ½ tsp fenugreek seeds
⦁ ½ tsp coriander seeds
⦁ 2 Red Onions, quartered and petals separated
⦁ 3 mixed Bell peppers, deseeded and halved
⦁ 1 can plum tomatoes, excess juice drained
1. In an oven heated at 200˚C, dry roast the onion and peppers until slightly charred, for about 30-40 mins depending on oven. Once done, remove from oven and set aside.
2. Add the spices and seeds to a frying pan on a medium to high heat and toast in the dry pan. Lightly toast for a few minutes until fragrant
3. Add the toasted spices to a pestle and mortar/food processor and grind to a powder. Add 2 Tbsp of B-WELL Extra Virgin Olive oil, ginger, garlic, ½ the fresh coriander, tomato puree, B-WELL Original Tangy Mayo and ½ tsp of sea salt. Blend until smooth. The delicious Marinate is now done.
4. Chop the chicken into even chunks and with spicy sauce, add to a bowl and mix, rubbing the chicken to coat well. Set aside to Marinate.
5. In a large casserole pan, add the chicken and all the excess marinade. Fry for 2-3 minutes per side, making sure to scrape the marinate throughout.
6. Add the charred onions and peppers and toss for another 2 minutes to blend all the flavours together.
7. Garnish with the leftover fresh coriander and Serve hot with Savoury rice, your favourite Naan/Roti and a slice of lemon/lime. Enjoy the boosting spice sensations!