There is nothing more delicious than a flavourful and spicy bite-full of tender chicken, especially when it is made at home and still tastes like authentic Indian cuisine. We tap into the best combinations of health-supporting spices and pro-biotic rich yoghurt to bring the flavour and heat up in this delicacy. Make it for a protein-filled side or part of the main course, a crowd-pleaser to enjoy.
• 2 Tbsp B-Well Canola oil
• 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 4 cm piece ginger, minced
• 1 red chilli, chopped
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• 2 tsp ground coriander
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp garam masala
• 1 tsp cardamom
• 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
• 2 Tbsp B-WELL Canola oil
• 3 tbsp tikka masala paste
• 1 Kg chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3-4 cm pieces
• 1 cup thick Greek-style yoghurt
• ¼ cup B-well Extra Virgin Olive oil
• ½ cup thick Greek-style yoghurt
• 1 bunch coriander
• ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• Juice of 1 lime
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Soak 8 wooden kebab skewers in cold water for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, add in 1 cup of the plain yoghurt and stir in the 2 tablespoons of masala paste, mix well to combine to form a thick marinade.
3. Coat the chicken in the marinade, then cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4. Heat the B-well Canola Oil in a pan over medium-high heat or prepare your braai coals. Thread chicken pieces onto skewers, then cook/braai, turning throughout, for 8-10 minutes on each side until cooked through, but tender.
1. Place coriander stalks and leaves, mint, garlic, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper in a food processor and blend until a puree is formed. Stir in the yoghurt and serve with the tikka chicken skewers and your favourite naan breads and/or salad.