Deboned Stuffed Chicken by Tiaan November 06, 2015
1 whole chicken
1 butternut, cubed and oven roasted with a little Bwell oil and seasoning
2 wheels feta cheese
100g Cream cheese
Hand full of chopped mixed herbs, like sage or parsley
1. Debone the chicken making sure not to puncture the skin and lay it flat in front of you with the breast sides towards you and the brown meat facing away from you. This is pretty important to prevent the white meat to go dry.
2. Combine the butternut, feta and herbs in a mixing bowl.
3. Spread the filling onto the chicken, making sure that you leave a bit of a gap at the top to prevent the filling from escaping.
4. Roll the chicken from the bottom to the top, making sure the roll is nice and tight.
5. Place on a roasting tray and straight in a pre heated oven of 180 degrees. 6. This chicken depending on the size cooks for about 45 minutes.
6. Make sure you rest the meat after it comes out of the oven for about 15 minutes before carving to prevent juices from escaping.