This mushroom sauce is super easy to make, it can be created on a budget or gourmet and tastes amazing! It is so versatile, it can be improvised for any meal. This dish is powered by mushrooms and their nutrient-packed, adaptogenic properties and an extra omega-3 boost from the canola.
• 2 Tbsp B-WELL Thick & Creamy Mayonnaise
• 3 Tbsp B-WELL Cooking Olive oil
• 1 Medium Onion, finely sliced
• 1 punnet of Mushrooms, sliced
• 2 cups baby spinach leaves
• 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
• ½ tsp Red Chilli powder
• ½ tsp Salt
• ½ tsp Black pepper
• ½ tsp dry coriander
• ½ cup Coconut cream
• One tray of sweet potato or potato fries.
• Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast, for garnish
• Handful of fresh parsley, chopped. For garnish
1. In a Medium Saucepan, add the onions and garlic and braise in some B-WELL Canola Oil, until pink and blush.
2. Add some water, enough to cover the onions (about 45ml) and allow the onions to soften for about 3 mins.
3. Now add the mushrooms, salt, pepper, dried coriander and the red chillies. Stir to coat and allow the mushrooms to sauté.
4. Add the coconut cream and B-WELL Thick & Creamy Mayonnaise, stir well and close the lid and allow to thicken and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
5. Drizzle or spoon the mushroom sauce over the fries and sprinkle with the fresh parsley and the parmesan/nutritional yeast.
6. ENJOY the fun flavours and textures with your disco fries!