Fish Burger February 23, 2016
Here is a lovely fish patty recipe which can be used to make some scrumptious fish burgers for the whole family. The fish patty, canola oil and mayonnaise are all very high in Omega 3, helping everyone in the family to get their intake of this essential fatty acid whilst enjoying a delicious fish burger.
Ingredients for Fish Patty
1 Fish fillet hake
1 small potato
1/2 tsp of sliced green chillies
1 tsp of grated ginger
1 cup of diced onion
1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
1/2 tsp of paprika
1/2 tsp of garam masala (optional)
3 tbsp of bread crumbs
2 tbsp of B-well canola oil
Salt to taste
1. Boil a pot of water and let the potato boil water until it is tender. Remove it from the heat and let it cool a little. Peel of the skin and mash it using a fork. Keep it aside.
2. In a sauce pan, add the fish fillet, turmeric powder and salt and 1/2 cup of water. Cook it. Once cooked, drain of the water and mash the fish fillet.
3. In a pan, pour in the B-well canola oil. Once hot, add the sliced green chilies, grated ginger and diced onion. Saute it until the smell disappears.
4. Add the paprika and garam masala (optional) and give it a mix. Add the cooked fish, mashed potato and bread crumbs and give it a thorough mix. Adjust the salt to taste. Let it cook for about 3-4 minutes and remove it from heat, place it in the refrigerator for an hour to cool down before molding the patties.
5. After you have molded the fish patties, heat the skillet and grease it with B-well canola oil. Once hot, turn down the heat to medium high and cook the patty in it. Since the patty mixture is already cooked, we only want to brown both sides of the patty
Our whole grain burger in the image above had a small bed of rocket followed with few thin slices of tomato and then our beautiful fish patty right in the center, ending with a couple of slices of red onion and finished off with a big dollop of B-well creamy gourmet mayonnaise. The B-well creamy gourmet mayonnaise helps bring everything together, perfectly.