Besides it being a sweet treat it is the easiest way to create something delicious in a matter of minutes. No eggs needed, vegan-friendly, satisfaction guaranteed
• B-well Canola Baking Spray
• 2 cups Plant milk, we recommend coconut for some creaminess
• ½ cup corn starch
• 2 tsp ground flaxseed
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 2 tbsp brown sugar or Maple syrup
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• ¼ tsp salt (can use Kala namak- black salt if you have)
• 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast, optional for eggy flavour
• 10-12 slices of bread, we recommend vegan banana bread
1. In a shallow medium bowl/dish, whisk together the milk, cornstarch, ground flaxseed, sugar/maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and optional nutritional yeast until well combined. You can also blend them and then transfer to the dish.
2. Coat both sides of the bread slices in batter until completely covered. Soak each one of them for about 30 seconds until well covered and not soaking and falling apart.
3. Heat a pan or griddle and spray with B-well Canola Baking spray to coat the surface well, then add the soaked bread slices- do not overcrowd them.
4. Cook each side on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown, then flip and cook on the other side for 3-5 minutes.
5. Repeat until all the bread and batter have been used, making sure to spray B-well canola baking spray in-between batches to prevent sticking to the pan and for a buttery flavour.
6. Serve immediately with maple syrup, vegan butter, and any of your favourite topping.
7. The leftovers can be kept in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.