There are few groups of power plants that can compare to the Brassica family, consisting mostly of Leafy greens, cruciferous veg and our B-WELL Canola oil. Most are loaded with antioxidants, high levels of Vitamin C, A, E, K, calcium, iron, folate, potassium and phosphorus, as well as a power-packed phytonutrient, glucosinolates. Glucosinolates have been shown to have anti-viral, antibiotic and anti-fungal activity in the body.
Brassicas: B-WELL Canola Oil, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Spinach/Kale
Garlic: Natural anti-viral, anti-microbial
Onions: Packed with Selenium, zinc and Vit. C. Natural anti-viral, anti-histamine and strong antioxidants.
⦁ 2 Tbsp B-WELL Canola Oil
⦁ 1 head Broccoli, separate florets
⦁ 1 head Cauliflower, separate florets
⦁ 1 handful Spinach/Kale
⦁ 3 Medium Onions, Chopped
⦁ 6 Medium/Small Zucchini, chopped
⦁ 2 tsp Vegan Veggie Stock
⦁ Boiling water
⦁ Salt and pepper to taste
⦁ 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
⦁ 1 can Coconut cream/ cream (optional)
⦁ 4 cubed chicken breast for an extra protein boost.
⦁ Bone Marrow for an extra Immune Boost. The Flavours are complimentary.
1. In a Large Pot, Heat the B-WELL Canola Oil on Medium-High heat and add the chopped onions
2. Braise the onions till light brown and blush, then add the garlic and stir well to allow flavours to release
3. Add enough water to cover the onions, then add the chopped zucchini, allow to cook and slightly braise till soft.
4. Add the stock to a cup of boiled water till diluted and add to the pot.
5. Now add in the florets of broccoli and cauliflower and the chopped spinach/kale.
6. Add another cup of boiling water. (Add Pre-Braised chicken cubes or Bones now)
7. Reduce the heat to medium and replace the lid of the pot.
8. Allow veggies to cook and soften completely for at least 5 mins, the remove lid and allow soup to reduce slightly for another 5 mins.
9. Using a hand blender (preferably) or a standard blender, blend the soup until smooth.
10. Add soup back onto medium heat and stir in the coconut cream.
11. Allow to cook for another 5 mins.
12. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
13. Enjoy the luscious texture and incredible flavour profiles that tingle your senses and boost your immune system.