Sometimes all we need is something sweet or something savory as our craving sway. Where that moment on the lips, doesn’t have to lead to a lifetime on the hips. These Waffles are just that, they are sugar-free and filled with Low. G. I goodness to satisfy your pallet and your appetite.
⦁ B-WELL Cooking
⦁ 1 large sweet potato, cooked
⦁ ½ cup rolled oats
⦁ ½ cup flour
⦁ ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
⦁ 2 eggs
⦁ 1 tsp baking powder
⦁ ¾ tsp cinnamon
⦁ ¼ tsp salt
⦁ Cooking spray
1. Set waffle iron to preheat.
2. Combine cooked sweet potato, and oats in a blender. Blend until well combined.
3. Pour egg and milk into the blender with the sweet potato and oat base. Blend until well combined.
4. Add the rest of ingredients. Blend until fully pureed.
5. Spray waffle iron with B-WELL cooking spray. Pour 1/3 cup batter into waffle iron.
6. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
7. Let waffles cool on a baking rack.
8. Serve with your favourite toppings or sides and ENJOY!
⦁ Serving these with fried egg and avocado
⦁ Syrup/Honey drizzle, topped with nuts, berries and coconut shavings
⦁ Adding your favourite superfood to the batter before baking, like Matcha Tea/Moringa/Maca/Baobab etc
⦁ Slapping some peanut butter on these babies, with sliced banana and seed sprinkle.
⦁ Enjoying with cream/goat’s cheese, fig and honey drizzle with walnuts on a bed of rocket salad. Perfect for a gourmet twist