• 6 Tbsp B-well Canola Oil
• 4 cups whole wheat flour (can use reg. flour too)
• 1 tsp Salt
• 1 tsp sugar
• ± 2 cups boiling water
• 2-4 tbsp ghee/butter, softened (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl, blend the flour, sugar and salt together.
2. Create a well in the flour mixture and slowly add the oil, mix and combine until the flour becomes granules, like crumbs.
3. Set the water to boil, it must be boiling (as close to 100˚C as possible), pour the boiling water gradually, making sure to leave some to feed only if needed.
4. Use a spoon to cut through the flour and water, mixing until a dough is formed and well combined.
5. Once the dough can be formed into a ball, release it onto a clean and lightly floured surface. Knead well for about 8 minutes until the dough is smooth, soft and no longer sticks to the fingers when the dough is poked.
6. Roll the giant ball and divide into two. Take on half and roll out into a large rectangle.
7.Smear with ghee/butter and sprinkle liberally with flour. Roll/spiral into a swiss roll. Repeat with the other half.
8. Cut even slices of the dough and shape into balls. *If freezing, place balls on a plate and cover with plastic before placing in the freezer. Balls can be defrosted before the next step.
9. On a clean, floured surface, roll out the ball into a thin flat and round shape (or whatever shape comes out).
10. Heat up a nonstick pan and fry each roti until brown spotted, fry with some butter/ghee or B-well Extra Virgin Olive oil for some extra flavour.