We are making Festive Mince Pies! Definitely one to add some extra cheer to your holiday feast!
• 2 cups All-purpose Flour, sifted
• 1 cup Almond flour
• ½ cup B-well Thick & Creamy Mayonnaise
• ¼ tsp salt
• 100 g refined coconut oil
• ¼ cup dates, cut into small bits
• 2 Tbsp ice cold water
• 1 tbsp Boabab Powder
• 3 apples, diced into very small pieces
• 150g raisins
• 150g sultanas
• 20g blanched almonds, chopped or slithered
• 40g walnuts, chopped
• 70g dried apricots, diced in to small bits
• 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
• 1 large orange, juice & zest
• 1 tsp ground ginger
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• ½ tsp ground nutmeg
• ½ tsp ground allspice
• ½ tsp ground cloves
• 1 tbsp vanilla extract
• 1 cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tray, or spray with B-well Canola Baking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, add the mince-filling ingredients, and bring to medium heat.
3. Stirring frequently, let the mixture bubble gently for 25-30 minutes until the apple is broken down. Set aside. Move on to the pastry.
1. Add the sifted all-purpose flour, ground almonds, B-well Mayonnaise, coconut oil, blended dates and water to a food processor or bowl and blend until it looks like breadcrumb.
2. Slowly sprinkle with cold water and stir/blend until a ball forms- do not overwork it.
3. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to about 3mm thickness. Then using a cooker cutter or glass, cut out 12 rounds of circles then gentle press down into the greased muffin tray to create the cup. Flute or crimp edges. Then cut out the stars or shape of choice for the lid of the pie. prick the dough with a fork.
4. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, until they starting to turn lightly golden and firm up abit.
5. Remove from the oven and fill each pastry base with about 3 tbsp of the filling and top with the pastry star/shape.
6. Place back into the oven to bake for a further 15-20 minutes until the stars are golden and cooked.
7. Remove from the oven and allow the pies to rest in the muffin tray for 10 minutes, then gently remove and transfer to a wire cooling rack and leave to cool for 30 minutes.
8. Dust with icing sugar through a sift, Serve and Enjoy the rich flavour combos in a delectable, naturally sweetened pie crust, filled with xmas yumminess.