Nothing sweeter than being able to whip something delicious up in a short time and still have it be filled with flavour and packed with nutrients your fasting body needs. Crunchy oat base filled with anti-oxidant-rich berries, creamy protein-boosting nut butter and a crumble to hit all the notes! Omega 3 boosters throughout to keep your energy levelled while fasting and satisfying your tastebuds.
• 120 ml B-WELL Pure Canola oil
• 400g gluten-free rolled oats
• ¼ cup gluten-free All-Purpose Flour
• 100ml maple syrup
• ¼ cup plant milk of choice
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• ¼ tsp salt
• 2 cups blueberries, raspberries, cherries
• ½ cup dates, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 2 tsp cornflour/ tapioca flour
• 2 tbsp chia seeds
• 1 cup nut butter of choice
• 2 tbsp coconut oil
• 4 tbsp maple syrup
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp ginger powder
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 2 pinches nutmeg
• 60g walnuts, crumbled
• ¼ cup coconut shavings
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180˚C.
2. To prepare the base, add the rolled oats into a food processor and pulse for about 1 minute to lightly break them down. Add in the B-WELL Pure Canola Oil and the rest of the base ingredients and process until you get a sticky dough, then set aside.
3. Meanwhile, add the berries into a small pot, with a stick cinnamon and heat the berries on the stove over medium heat, then add the finely chopped dates and lemon juice and stir, mashing the berries to release the juice. Cook until the majority of the berries and the dates have broken down (about 5 minutes) and then cook for a further 10 minutes on a low heat to reduce the liquid.
4. Sprinkle in the cornflour and swiftly stir it through. Increase the heat to activate the cornflour and cook on high for about 1 minute, whilst constantly stirring, or until the blueberry mixture thickens. Stir in the chia seeds and set aside to cool and further thicken.
5. Line a 20x20cm baking tin with baking paper, then add the base mixture to the tin and evenly press the base into the bottom.
6. Spread the nut butter evenly over the base.
7. Remove the cinnamon stick first, then spread the berry-chia mixture across the base.
8. To prepare the crumble, simply combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until you get sticky clusters.
9. Top your blueberry mix with the crumble, then place everything into the pre-heated oven at 180˚C for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
10. Allow cool down for a minimum of 20 minutes before slicing. Serve hot or cold, with cream or just like that! Easy summer snack, coming right up!