Omega-3 Fatty Acid is a known brain boosting superfood, it is even linked to preventing degenerative brain conditions like Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s. So, we’ve added some of highest omega-3 power packing ingredients to make the ultimate good mood food, brownies- chocolatey and scrumptious.
⦁ B-WELL Baking spray
⦁ ½ cup B-Well Canola oil
⦁ 1 cup Coconut Nectar Sugar
⦁ 3 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed ( +
⦁ ½ cup coconut cream ( = creamy flax egg )
⦁ 1 tbsp Vanilla
⦁ 1 cup All-purpose Gluten-free flour
⦁ ⅔ cup Cacao/cocoa powder
⦁ 1 tsp Baking powder/Bicarb of Soda
⦁ Pinch of salt
⦁ ½ cup Dark Chocolate chips or 1 slab 85% Dark chocolate, finely chopped
⦁ ½ cup Walnuts, chopped (optional)
⦁ 1 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
1. Spray some B-WELL baking spray into a square 20×20 pan. Preheat your oven to 180˚C.
2. In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed powder and coconut cream. Allow this to sit for a few minutes.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, cacao, baking soda and salt. Whisk until the cacao is broken up and incorporated completely.
4. Pour in the wet ingredients: B-Well Canola oil, flax egg mixture and vanilla extract.
5. Fold in the hemp seeds and walnuts, the dough will be thick and doughy. Use greased, or wet hands, to press into the greased pan.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes, until the edges and top are crisp. (Granted, I know many people have different degrees of mushy:crisp ratio.)
7. Without topping: Cool, and then cut into squares.
8. With topping: add the dark chocolate chips/chopped pieces into a bowl with the spices and a heaped tsp of icing sugar. Heat the coconut cream and add the heated cream into the bowl, slowly stirring till all the pieces are melted and you have smooth chocolate spread. Pour over brownies- spreading evenly. Allow to cool, and then cut into squares
9. Serve with ice-cream.
10. Keep leftovers covered and at room temp. Can be frozen for up to 2 months.