Simply the easiest ways to eat your greens and enjoy their amazing benefits in this scrumptious and savoury concoction of a muffin, the perfect snack.
• B-well Canola Cooking Spray
• ½ cup B-well Pure Canola Oil
• 2 cups fresh baby spinach/kale, finely shredded
• 2 small zucchini, unpeeled and grated
• 1 medium onion, finely chopped
• 3 eggs, beaten or 3 Tbsp B-well Mayonnaise of choice
• 1 cup chickpea flour
• ½ cup quinoa or buckwheat flour
• ¼ cup polenta
• 1 ½ tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 2 Tbsp green masala (to make: see method below for simple recipe)
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp turmeric
• ¼ tsp black pepper
• juice of ½ lemon
• 2 Tbsp hulled hemp seed or ½ tsp of sesame seeds
Easy Green Masala Mixture: Blend 1 fresh green chili, 4 garlic clove, 1 thumbs-size amount fresh ginger & ¼ bunch fresh coriander, add about 2 tbsp of B-WELL Canola oil
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. In a big bowl, combine all the ingredients stirring just until lightly blended.
3. Grease a muffin tray or large casserole dish with B-well Canola Baking Spray, then add your mixture, filling each cup evenly. Top with the sesame/hemp seeds.
4. Bake for 30-40 min, or until golden brown on the outside – do a clean knife test.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for at least 10 min.
6. Enjoy the unique and delightful flavours and textures of each bite.