These pancakes are packed with sweet potato power, rich in vitamin A, C, fiber and a bunch of other nutrients. Paired with oats and chia seeds, meaning it has that extra fibre, roughage and omega boost!
• B-well Baking Spray
• 1 large sweet potato, cooked
• ½ cup rolled oats
• ½ cup flour (we love whole wheat for extra fiber)
• ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
• 2 tsp chia seeds
• 2 eggs
• 1 ½ tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• ¼ tsp nutmeg
• 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
• ¼ tsp salt
• Honey/maple syrup, to drizzle
• Pecan nuts, roasted
1. Combine cooked sweet potato and oats in a blender. Blend until well combined.
2. Pour eggs, chia seeds, and milk into the blender with the sweet potato and oat base. Blend until well combined.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients. Blend until fully pureed.
4. Heat the stovetop to medium heat. Spray B-well Canola Baking Spray to cover the surface of a non-stick pan. (Remember to spray B-well Canola Baking Spray before each batch to prevent sticking and for extra Omega-3 boost)
5. Using a soup ladle or about ¼ cup, pour some batter into the pan and allow to cook for 2 minutes, or until small bubbles appear on the surface, then flip and repeat until both sides are cooked and golden.
6. Serve topped with the roasted pecan nuts, drizzled with the honey/maple syrup, or with your favourite toppings and sides. Enjoy!