A lush and creamy chia pudding, packed with amazing fiber, omega-3 and all the delicious antioxidant-rich berries and dates to keep you fuller and energized for longer. This can be the perfect breakfast or the perfect dessert for before or after fasting. Rose essence for some richness, like some Turkish delish.
• 1 cup Rolled Oats
• 3 cups Water (use 4 cups for a thinner milk, we use 3 cups for a creamier option for now)
• ¼ tsp Salt
• 2 pitted dates or 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 2 cups homemade oat milk or coconut cream
• ½ cup + 2 tbsp chia seeds
• ½ cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
• ½ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
• ½ cup raspberries, fresh or frozen (can be substituted with banana)
• 1 tsp baobab powder, optional- for a superfood boost
• 1 tsp rose water or ½ tsp rose essence
• 2–3 tbsp pure maple syrup/ honey, to taste
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• ½ cup almond flakes, for topping
• Coconut shavings, for topping. Optional
• Dark chocolate bits, optional for a treat
1. Add all the ingredients to your blender and blitz until well blended, for about 45 seconds. Do not over-blend, else mixture can become slimy.
2. Strain through a nut mylk bag or place cheesecloth over a strainer, or a clean stocking and strain it.
3. Transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate. Will keep in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Shake well and enjoy cold. Will need 2 cups for pudding.
1. In a large bowl, mix the oat milk, chia seeds, vanilla, maple syrup, rose essence and baobab powder together. Set aside.
2. Set out 4 jars or smaller bowls, add some of each berry into the jars, keeping some aside for the top. Using the back of a spoon, give some a light squash to pop them and allow some of their juices to release.
3. Ladle the chia pudding on to each berry serving and refrigerate for minimum 2 hours of setting time, otherwise for at least 8 hours for the chia to soak up and get ready thick and creamy.
4. Before serving, top with almond flakes, leftover berries and dark chocolate bits. Serve cold, so creamy and delicious.