Is there anything that’s better than hot toast, salted butter busy melting, preparing that first bite. Or warm scones from the oven, or fresh banana bread. How about your favourite recipes where butter is a definitive must? We understand, so we present mouth-watering, toast-lathering vegan butter. Easy to use as a base or dress up with your favourite herbs and flavourings.
• 2 Tbsp B-well Pure Canola Oil
• 1 cup Refined Coconut Oil, Melted (Must be refined)
• ⅓ cup Almond/Soy Milk (Unsweetened)
• 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
• 1½ tsp Nutritional Yeast
• 1 Pinch Turmeric
• ½ tsp Salt
• Herbs & Spices (optional for savoury butter)
1. Add the melted refined coconut oil to a jug and then add the B-well pure canola oil.
2. Add the apple cider vinegar to the plant milk and stir until it curdles into buttermilk, then add it to the jug.
3. To the wet ingredients, add the nutritional yeast and salt. Add the tumeric to give the butter it’s yellow colour.
4. Blend well until all combined.
5. Pour out into a resealable jar or a butter dish, then put into the refrigerator until set.
6. Allow to thaw for a few minutes before using on bread or scones and a bit longer for creaming with sugar during baking. Enjoy the creamy, buttery deliciousness. You can also add herbs of choice and/or garlic for herbed and savoury butter.