Flat Bread with Salad by Tiaan November 06, 2015
200g bread flour
approx. 100ml water, depends on the flour
lug of B-well canola oil
1. Combine all the ingredients and knead into a dough. Let it rest for a couple of minutes while you prepare the toppings.
You can be very creative with this. It can be anything from left over meat and roasted vegetables to fresh tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. But please be creative.
1. Divide the dough into balls, the size depends on the pan you will be using.
2. Roll out with a rolling pin or wine bottle, using a bit of flour to prevent them from sticking, until about 2mm thick.
3. Preheat a flat frying pan to a medium heat and dry fry one bread at a time.
4. You can do about 3 minutes a side also depending.
5. Remove from the pan and transfer to a wooden board. Top with the toppings and drizzle with a little bit of B-well canola infused with lemon.
Deboned Stuffed Chicken by Tiaan November 06, 2015
1 whole chicken
1 butternut, cubed and oven roasted with a little Bwell oil and seasoning
2 wheels feta cheese
100g Cream cheese
Hand full of chopped mixed herbs, like sage or parsley
1. Debone the chicken making sure not to puncture the skin and lay it flat in front of you with the breast sides towards you and the brown meat facing away from you. This is pretty important to prevent the white meat to go dry.
2. Combine the butternut, feta and herbs in a mixing bowl.
3. Spread the filling onto the chicken, making sure that you leave a bit of a gap at the top to prevent the filling from escaping.
4. Roll the chicken from the bottom to the top, making sure the roll is nice and tight.
5. Place on a roasting tray and straight in a pre heated oven of 180 degrees. 6. This chicken depending on the size cooks for about 45 minutes.
6. Make sure you rest the meat after it comes out of the oven for about 15 minutes before carving to prevent juices from escaping.
Courgette Rostis by Tiaan November 06, 2015
1 packet of baby marrows/courgettes, coarsely grated
2 tbs cake flour
salt and pepper to taste
250ml B-well creamy mayo
Juice and rind of 1 lemon
1. Combine the courgette, egg, flour and seasoning. Do not over mix as the gluten will form and the röstis will be tough.
2. Combine the mayo, rind, juice and parsley in a small dipping bowl.
3. Preheat a frying pan, using a little bit of oil to fry table spoons full of the mix. 4. Fry about 2 minutes per side until light brown and cooked.
5. Remove onto some kitchen paper to remove the excess oil.
Now serve with the mayo as a light starter or snack.
Nutella Spread n Ice Cream by Mynhardt November 06, 2015
Canola Oil Nutella Ingredients:
2 cups of hazelnuts or cashew nuts
6 tablespoons of unsweetended cocoa powder
150g of castor sugar
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence or extract
B-well Canola Oil Method:
1. Roast the nuts in the hot oven until golden brown for about 5 minutes. Be careful no to burn.
2. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend untlil smooth. !
Salted Caramel and Cookie Ice Cream Ingredients:
2 liters of vanilla ice cream
1 tin of caramel spread
1 teaspoon of salt
1 packet of tennis biscuits
1. Soften the ice cream at room temperature.
2. Break the cookies into small chucnks and blend into the ice cream with the caramel and salt to taste
3. Refreeze over night
4. Serve with ice cream with home made nutella over !
Ice cream can be refrozen into ice cream lollies with sticks and dipped into the home made Nutella.
Steak n Curried Potatoes by Tiaan November 06, 2015
200g steak of your choice per person, rump or rib eye would be ideal for this dish. Try getting a thick cut.
salt and pepper to taste
B-well canola and olive oil blend
1 medium potato pp, sliced in cubes with the skin on
1tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 small onion sliced
100ml Bwell Creamy mayo
Chopped herbs of your choice like parsley or rosemary
black pepper to taste
Method for Curried Hot Potato Salad:
1. Boil the potatoes in water with the turmeric.
2. Fry the onions in a large frying pan in some B-well oil until translucent.
3. Now add the curry and the potatoes.
4. Remove from the heat and add the mayo and the chopped herbs.
5. Do not over mix or break up the potatoes too much.
6. Season to taste.
Method for Steak:
1. Now preheat a griddle pan to smoking hot with no oil in the pan.
2. Next oil and season the steak on the side and drop into the pan.
3. Let the steak sear for about 3 minutes and the turn.
4. Do the same on the other side.
5. Remove from the pan and rest the steak for approx. 3 minutes while you dish up the potatoes.
6. Slice the steak in strips and serve with the salad.
This cooks a steak to about Medium rare, also depending on the cut of meat and thickness. The resting is very important for the end result.
Green Vegetable Tempura by Tiaan November 05, 2015
500ml of soda water
1 cup of ﬂour
salt and pepper
100g ﬁne grean beans
100g of asparagus
100g of tenderstem brocoli
100g of mangetout
2 cups of canola oil For the soya and olive sauce
Ingredients for soya and olive sauce:
100g packet of pitted green olives
half a cup of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of ﬁsh sauce
1 birdseye chili
handful of chopped coriander and basil
2 cloves of garlic grated
rind and juice of one lemon
half a cup of B-well Grape Seed oil
1. Gently mix the ﬂour and soda water together, it should have the consistency of thick cream season with salt and pepper
2. Heat the oil in a sauce pan and once hot gently dip the vegetables and fry in the oil till golden brown drain on kitchen toweling paper
3. Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a food processor and blend.
4. Heat the grape seed oil in a small pan and add the rest of the ingredients and heat through, pour into a bowl and use as a dipping sauce.
5. Garnish with ground black pepper and fresh herbs
Glazed Chicken Wings by Tiaan November 05, 2015
12 Fresh free range chicken wings
12 Sosatie sticks soaked in water
100ml soy sauce
2tbs whole grain mustard
100ml Bwell canola and olive oil blend
2tbs smoked paprika
lemon juice and rind
apple cider vinegar
naartjie juice and rind
Chopped herbs and toasted sesame seeds for serving
1. Combine all the basting ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Put the wings on the sticks to stretch them out long.
3. I like pre cooking my chicken for this recipe by just blanching them in boiling salted water for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove them from the water and spread out to dry.
5. Baste the wings with the sauce and roast in a hot oven at 200 degrees for about 15 minutes.
6. Turn and add more basting if needed.
7. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and herbs.
Beautiful Pasta by Mynhardt November 05, 2015
Ingredients for Pasta:
200g fine flour
2 whole eggs
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl or blender until a dough forms.
2. Depending on the size of the eggs and the moisture in the flour you might want to add a couple drop of water to help combine the dough.
3. Be careful to add too much. Let the dough rest for about 20 minutes before trying to roll it. The gluten needs to relax before you can do that.
Prepare the fresh toppings:
100g fresh tomatoes, halved
hand full pipped green olives
hand full of roasted nuts or seeds of your choice
100g shaved parmesan/hard cheese
50g sun dried tomatoes with oil
B-well canola olive oil blend
Hand full of chopped herbs and wild rocket
1. Roll the pasta through a pasta machine and cut to desired shape like Pappardelle.
2. Cook the pasta in a big pot with lots of salted boiling water.
3. Combine all the ingredients except for the cheese and rocket, the strain the pasta and put in the bowl with lugs of olive oil blend.
4. Combine well and serve with the rocket and the cheese.
I fell in love with this pasta the first time I had it. You can also be creative with the ingredients, there are no rules. YUM
Fish, Potatoes and Bacon by Mynhardt November 05, 2015
You can use fish of your choice, any white fish will work wonders.
500g fresh fish, filleted and deboned
1 packed bacon pieces
250ml chicken stock
5 cooked baby potatoes
2 heads gem lettuce cut in half, depending on the size maybe in four
hand full of frozen peas
Before you start the dish make sure all your ingredients are prepped and ready tot go, this dish takes no time to prepare so be ready.
1. Start with a little oil in a pan with a lid. Fry the fish for 1 minute then turn around and add the bacon. Add the stock, potatoes, peas, and lettuce until it starts frying again. Now add the stock and the butter. Cook until the sauce starts thickening a little. Serve right away in a nice big soup bowl.
White Chocolate Cake by Mynhardt November 05, 2015
3 jumbo eggs
one and half cups of castor sugar
half a cup of oil
one cup of double cream plain yogurt
half a cup of poppy seeds
one cup of desicated coconut
one cup of self raising ﬂour
1. Spray two baking tins (19cm) with B-well non stick spray
2. Cream the eggs and the sugar together in a mixer
3. Add the oil and yoghurt and mix well
4. Add the poppyseeds, coconut, ﬂour and salt and mix well
5. bake for 30 to 35 minutes Cream cheese and white chocolate topping .
200g of white chocolate
2 teaspoons of rosewater 3. 250g of cream cheese
1. In a double boiler melt the chocolate with the rosewater
2. When melted add the cream cheese. It will immediately become thick and pliable adn ready to use.