Decadent Chocolate Fondant August 06, 2015
Do you love chocolate? So do we! Try this decadent Chocolate Fondant Recipe… It will give you the ultimate chocolate fix and leave the biggest smile on your face, after that first bite…
50g melted butter, for brushing
cocoa powder, for dusting
200g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
200g butter, in small pieces
200g golden caster sugar
4 eggs and 4 yolks
200g plain flour
1. First get your moulds ready. Using upward strokes, heavily brush the melted butter all over the inside of the pudding mould. Add a good spoonful of cocoa powder into the mould. Tip the mould so the powder completely coats the butter. Tap any excess cocoa back into the jar, then repeat with 1 the next mould.
2. Place a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, then slowly melt the chocolate and butter together. Remove bowl from the heat and stir until smooth. Leave to cool for about 8-10 mins.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and yolks together with the sugar until thick and pale and the whisk leaves a trail; use an electric whisk if you want. Sift the flour into the eggs, then beat together.
4. Pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture in thirds, beating well between each addition, until all the chocolate is added and the mixture is completely combined to a loose cake batter.
5. Tip the fondant batter into a jug, then evenly divide between the moulds. The fondants can now be frozen for up to a month and cooked from frozen. Or if you are making it for that night, its ready to bake straight away!
6. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Place the fondants on a baking tray, then cook for 10-12 mins until the tops have formed a crust and they are starting to come away from the sides of their moulds. Remove from the oven, then leave to sit for 1 min before turning out.
7. Loosen the fondants by moving the tops very gently so they come away from the sides, easing them out of the moulds. Tip each fondant slightly onto your hand so you know it has come away, then tip back into the mould ready to plate up.
8. Starting from the middle of each plate, squeeze a spiral of caramel sauce – do all the plates you need before you go on to the next stage.
9. Sit a fondant in the middle of each plate. Using a large spoon dipped in hot water, scoop a ‘quenelle’ of ice cream.
10. Carefully place the ice cream on top of the fondant, then serve immediately. Repeat with the rest of the fondants.
Voila! You can now make one of the best chocolate desserts in the world, this dessert is guaranteed to impress.
Authentic Italian Meatballs August 06, 2015
Today we have have a beautiful meatball recipe for you, make authentic Italian meatballs from home in less than 30 min!
2 tablespoons B-well Canola Olive Oil Blend
2 lbs ground beef
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
2 eggs, beaten
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup dry parmesan cheese (optional but recommended)
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix them together thoroughly with your hands.
2. Scoop out about 1 tablespoon worth of meatball mixture and squeeze it several times to pack it tightly, then roll the mixture between the palms of your hands to form a 1 1/2″ meatball.
3. Arrange each meatball on a baking sheet and bake the meatballs at 200 degrees C for 10-12 minutes.
4. Once cooked, remove from oven and place on cooling rack and
allow the meatballs to cool down before trying to pick them up or they will break apart.
Viola! Beautiful home made meatballs for your favorite spaghetti dish.. (possibly the one we listed 2 weeks ago)
Lovely Whole Baked Fish August 06, 2015
Beautiful whole baked fish recipe, moist, flavorful and guaranteed to impress! If you are a bit squeamish, ask your husband to cook this dish while you enjoy a glass of white wine.
1 2-to 2 1/4-pound fish (your favorite), cleaned
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, cut into pieces
6 fresh thyme sprigs or Rosemary
6 thin lemon slices
1. Mix butter, minced garlic and lemon juice together.
2. Place on a large piece of foil on large baking tray.
3. Butter foil where the fish will be laying.
4. Cut slits into the fish and season each cavity with the garlic, lemon butter mix.
5. Place thyme/rosemary sprigs inside each cavity and sprinkle the outside of the fish with salt and pepper.
6. Top with lemon slices. Fold edges of foil over fish; seal.
7. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake fish until cooked through, about 45 minutes. Transfer fish to platter and serve!
Crisp baked potatoes and/or a Greek salad would compliment this dish along with a glass of your favorite white wine.
Viola! Beautiful whole baked fish for the family or a lovely dinner party dish.
Delicious Butternut Soup August 06, 2015
Stay warm this winter, with this lovely butternut soup recipe…
1 (2 to 3 pound) butternut squash, peeled and seeded
2 tablespoons salted butter
1 medium onion, chopped
6 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Cut squash into 1-inch chunks.
2. In large pot melt butter, add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes then add squash and stock.
3. Bring to a simmer and cook until squash is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree.
5. Return blended squash to pot. Stir and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
Voila! A lovely butternut soup to keep you warm during the cold winter months.
Famous Fish Batter June 29, 2015
Do you love Fish and Chips? If so, this recipe makes the best batter I have ever tasted… Give it a try and let us know what you think!
2 Cups Cake Flour
4 Teaspoons Paprika
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
2 Teaspoons Salt
2 Teaspoons Black Pepper
2 Teaspoons Curry Powder
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Water
1 Squeezed Lemon
1/2 Beer (optional) Beer may replace water.
1. Mix everything together and add the liquid slowly to insure the batter is not too runny. Reduce liquid quantity if needed.
2. Dip the fish in the batter and place the fish in medium hot cooking oil.
3. Leave the fish until golden brown and remove from oil to strain.
Voila! Enjoy with your favorite condiment! Squeeze some lemon over your lovely deep fried fish and indulge.
Best Prawns Ever June 29, 2015
Do you love prawns? If so, this recipe makes the best prawns in the
world… I made this last night for a birthday party and the prawns were absolutely amazing… Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Prawns (20 Prawns per pan)
4 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons Chopped Garlic
1 Tablespoon Chopped Ginger
2 Tablespoons B-well Creamy Gourmet Mayonnaise
1 Squeezed Lemon
2 Teaspoons Paprika (optional)
2 Teaspoons Braai Salt or 1 teaspoon fine salt
Chopped Coriander (optional)
1. Mix all the ingredients together.
2. Add butter, prawns and all the ingredients to a high heat frying pan.
3. Keep turning prawns every 20-30 seconds for 2 minuets.
4. Remove from pan and drip all the sauce over the prawns.
Voila! Enjoy your succulent prawns with some rice and your preferred beverage.
Authentic Italian Spaghetti June 29, 2015
A beautiful Spaghetti Bolognese dish for the whole family, stay warm this winter with this winning recipe…
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon B-well Canola Olive Blend
2 stalks celery (optional)
1 packet bacon
450 grams minced beef
4 chopped tomatoes
2 bay leaves (optional)
salt to taste
fresh ground black pepper
2 cloves chopped or minced garlic
1 packet mushrooms
1 glass red wine
3 tablespoons B-well creamy gourmet mayo
8 tablespoons tomato sauce
1. Gently melt the butter & oil in a large pan which can be covered.
2. Add chopped carrot, onion, celery, bacon & bay leaves, gently cook until golden.
3. Add minced beef & garlic, season well with salt & pepper, cook until meat is no longer pink.
4. Add wine,cook until liquid reduces a little, add mushrooms thyme & oregano.
5, Add chopped tomatoes, the remaining ingredients stir well then cover and cook on lowest possible heat for a 2 1/2 hours. The secret to this dish is long, slow cooking as to allow the flavors to meld.
6. As this dish slowly simmers you will need to add more liquid; use either wine or a little water.I find a little wine does best.
7. After two hours or so remove from heat, remove bay leaves, add 3 tbsp of B-well creamy gourmet mayonnaise, stir well, serve with hot pasta or spaghetti with fresh baked garlic bread and grated cheese.
Voila! A beautiful spaghetti bolognese dish for the whole family