Nothing balances a creamy dish better than a zesty tang to cut through the richness. This one is particularly lush and oh so tasty! One easy dish of heart loving coming up.
• 2 Tbsp B-well Canola Oil
• 400 g skinless free-range chicken pieces or breasts, diced/cubed
• 3 cups Broccoli florets
• 1 medium onion, finely diced
• 1 cup Greek yoghurt
• 1 Tbsp garam masala
• 2 fresh chillies, chopped
• ¼ tsp turmeric
• 1 tsp coriander powder
• Juice of half a lemon
• 1 Tbsp ginger, crushed
• 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
• ¼ cup mint, chopped
• Zest of half a lemon
• ½ cup fresh coriander, for serving
• Black pepper, to taste
• Salt, to taste (½ tsp – recommended low-salt amount) *optional
• Lemon wedges, for serving
• Fresh coriander, for garnish
1. Combine the garam masala, chillies, turmeric, coriander powder, lemon juice and yoghurt, add crushed ginger and garlic and season with pepper to taste.
2. Add chicken cubes to the spiced yoghurt marinade and rub to coat evenly, refrigerate and marinate for 30 min.
3. In a large pan, heat up the B-well Canola Oil, add the onion and braise till light brown.
4. Add marinated chicken, stir to distribute the heat.
5. Add half of fresh coriander, replace the lid and cook for 8-10 min, stirring occasionally to ensure chicken is cooked through, then reduce heat to low.
6. Add the broccoli florets to the top of the mixture.
7. Prepare your pasta according to pack instructions, drain and then add the cooked pasta straight to the saucy chicken with the fresh mint.
8. Mix to combine the pasta, turn off the heat and garnish with remaining fresh coriander and the lemon zest.
9. Serve with a fresh salad and some lemon slices on the side. Equally delicious when served cold.