Nothing beats a fresh, crunchy and flavour popping salad, especially if one is feeling grouchy and in need of some refreshing uplifting flavours. Inspired by the Middle Eastern Tabbouleh, packed with antioxidant, flavonoid-rich ingredients on a bed of protein packed, Quinoa.
For the dressing:
• ⅛ cup B-well Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• ⅛ cup apple juice
• ½ tsp Dijon Mustard
• ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
• ¼ cup mint, finely chopped
• Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Salad:
• 1 cup Quinoa
• ½ cup pomegranates
• 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
• 200g Peas (trimmed, stringed, cut in half on diagonal)
• ½ cup feta/goat cheese, crumbed
• ½ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
To make dressing:
1. In a jar or bowl, add all dressing ingredients, replace lid on jar and shake or whisk until all ingredients are combined. Store in the refrigerator when ready to use. Shake before use.
To make the Salad:
1. Rinse the quinoa well with cold water and drain through a fine mesh strainer to remove excess water.
2. Boil the kettle, will need 1 ½ cups
4. In a pot, add 1 ½ cups boiling water and the toasted quinoa. Replace the lid, leaving a small gap for the steam to release. Cook for about 15 mins, or until all the water is gone. Remove lid and remove from the pot.
5. Allow the quinoa to cool down for at least 10 mins, then fluff with a fork.
6. Once the quinoa is cool and fluffed, add the spinach, rocket, pomegranate, cheese and peas.
7. Shake the Apple mint vinaigrette, and drizzle over salad, toss and serve. Enjoy the zesty, satisfying bite-full of deliciousness.