Like our B-well products, Salmon is super-rich in omega-3 fatty acids and has been shown to effectively reduce blood pressure and keep clotting at bay. Deliciously poached in apple cider and spices for flavour infusion, laid on fibre-rich brown rice, with avocado and heart-healing pumpkin seeds.
• ⅓ cup B-well extra virgin olive oil
• 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
• 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
• Pinch of sugar
• 1 ½ cups brown medium-grain rice
• 4 x 200g boneless Salmon fillets, skin on
• 2 Onions, finely sliced
• 500ml apple cider
• 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
• 2 dried bay leaves
• 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, thickly sliced
• 4 sprigs of fresh Dill
• 2 Tbsp Honey
• 2 baby fennels, trimmed, very thinly sliced (fronds reserved)
• 4 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
• 120g baby spinach
• 2 small ripe avocados
• ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
1. Cook rice following packet directions. Refresh under cold water. Drain well and set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, place cider, honey, 2 cups water, peppercorns, bay leaves, ginger and springs of dill in a large, deep frying pan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low then add salmon.
3. Cover with lid and simmer gently for 8 to 10 minutes for medium- or until cooked to your liking.
4. Remove from heat, then using a spatula, carefully lift salmon from liquid and transfer to a plate. Discard poaching liquid.
5. Make Dressing: Whisk vinegar, oil, dill, mustard and sugar together in a jug or shake up in a jar.
6. Place rice, fennel, avocado slices and chives in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1/2 the dressing. Season well. Toss to combine. Arrange rice mixture and rocket on a serving plate. Flake salmon, discarding skin, and place on top of rice. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Sprinkle with reserved fennel fronds and the pumpkin seeds.
7. Serve and enjoy this fresh, tasty and hearty delicacy.